This therapeutic program focuses on drumming in a fun and interesting environment, experiencing the effects of rhythms while enhancing the participants’ social competencies and leadership skills.
Some drumming skills and techniques will be taught, however, therapeutic aims such as emotional expression, nonverbal communication, and social and team-working skills are integrated into the experiential learning processes.
- Increasing Self-awareness
- Enhancing Social Competency
- Developing & Improving Social Skills and Social Functioning
- Fostering & Promoting Communication & Expression Skills
- Learning Coping Strategies for Dealing with Negative Emotions
- Increasing Frustration Tolerance Limits
- Learning Impulse Control Strategies
- Improving Fine and Gross Motor Skills
Typically, the sessions are offered weekly for 45 minutes, and accommodated by one trained music therapist, with a maximum of 16 participants. This program is well suited for children as well as adults. The program can be offered for individuals and/or groups.